Sunday 25 April 2010

Question 3:What kind of media product institution might distribute your media product and why?

My magazine is one where it is going to be distributed in most major newsagents, like WHSmith and supermarkets like Tesco. It wouldnt be hard to find, although it may be easy to run out quickly so therefore hard to find it that sense.
Distribution was a major thing that we looked at in media, the major distributors and the independant distributors and the strategies they use. I think that after looking at all of the distributors, the one I would use is Bauer Media Group.


They are a German based publishing company in Hamburg. They operate 15 countries worldwide, and they publish magazines like Kerrang! and Q.
I think these would be very appropriate for me to use, as they obviously know where to put my magazine and how to get it noticed, after following Kerrangs! success. I can build the sort of brand where its noticed my magazine features alot of unknown music, but features the new mainstream stuff that everyone likes. Brands build a connection between you and the audience: if they dont like the brand, they wont like you.

No comments:

Post a Comment