Monday 26 April 2010

Question 7: Looking back at your Preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?

When looking back at what I did for my preliminary coursework, I think there is a noticeable change in what I did. For instance, when I first started the process of my preliminary magazine, I didn't know how to use Photoshop, Quark Express or any other programme like that. I can see that I have created a less messier look to my final product, and that I can confidently say that my final product looks alot more like a magazine than my preliminary one did. I planned a lot better in the final production, in my preliminary task I didn't really take it seriously, and was unaware of how much I really needed to do in order to get a good magazine. In my main task though, I planned each step carefully, as I knew that it was important for my product. Both magazines are very different though, so its hard to base a difference on them as they are generally going to be very different anyway. The photography in the magazines are very different. My prelim magazine was rushed photography, taken in an hour and rushed to be put on my magazine. But my main task, I spent a good five hours taking and experimenting with my pictures, and I took a good amount of time editing all of them, seeing which ones worked best for the magazine. I think I did alot better in the main task, rather than in the preliminary one.

No comments:

Post a Comment